Day 1 : Safdarjung Railway Station, New Delhi and Agra, Uttar Pradesh.(Sunday)
- At 0930 hours The trip begins with assembling at Safdarjung Railway Station at around 0800 hours and completing registration and check-in formalities. After a warm welcome onboard the Maharajas’ Express, the train starts rolling towards Agra at 0930 hours. Brunch is served on board.
- Home to one of the Seventh Wonder of the World – the mesmerizing Taj Mahal, Agra is also famous for other archaeological marvels like the Agra Fort – a massive red sandstone structure on the bank of the Yamuna River, built by Emperor Akbar in 1656. After exploring the Agra Fort, enjoy a champagne Hi Tea at Taj Khema while looking at splendid Taj Mahal as the sun decides for retire for the day. Guests also have the option of going for either for these activities:
- A rejuvenating spa at a five star hotel in Agra.
- Private shopping tour for pietra dura marble and fine Mughal jewellery.
- Visit to Itmad-ud-daulah – a Mughal mausoleum often described as ‘jewel box’. It is also called the ‘Baby Taj’ and considered as a draft of the Taj Mahal.
Return on board to enjoy the dinner.
Day 2 : Agra, Uttar Pradesh and Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan.(Monday)
- Early morning, get awestruck by the beauty and majesty of the magnificent Taj Mahal. This giant white marble mausoleum is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It took the efforts of over 20,000 craftsmen for over 20 years to create this wonder, often described as the greatest monument of love constructed ever in the history of mankind.
- Stroll through the ornamental gardens leading the way to the Taj and soak yourself in the symmetry, splendor and symphony that this monument exhibits.
- Board the train to continue your journey towards Ranthambore National Park, located in Sawai Madhopur in Rajasthan. As you savour your lunch, enjoy the beauty of the changing landscape from your window.
- As you arrive in Sawai Madhopur, get ready for an exhilarating jungle safari through the terrains of Ranthambore National Park. Consider yourself lucky if you spot the elusive tiger or a leopard.
- Nevertheless, you would witness other wildlife like sambar, chital, nilgai, chinkara, wild boar, sloth bear, hyena and jackal. Return to the train, enjoy a drink at one of the bars or relax at the lounge as the train keeps rolling, taking you nearer to your next destination – the vibrant Jaipur.
Day 3 : Jaipur.(Tuesday)
- As you reach Jaipur – the pink city, you would notice the this is a city of contrasts with age-old palaces, monuments and forts on one side and buzzing contemporary bazaars (markets) on the other.
- The capital of Rajasthan stills retains its medieval flavour and this is what you would experience at the Exhibition Elephant Polo Match at A Jai Singh Palace.
- Set amidst 18 acres of Mughal Gardens, you get a grand welcome with royal military band and the beating of ‘Nagadas’. The match is followed by Champagne lunch at the hotel.
- Following lunch, continue on a visit to the Amber Fort -a beautiful complex of palaces, halls, pavilions, gardens, and temples built by Raja Man Singh, Mirza Raja Jai Singh and Sawai Jai Singh over a period of about two centuries.
- Enjoy a royal elephant ride to palace complex, which emerges dramatically from the placid waters of the Mootha Lake.
Further, the guests may pick from any of the following:
- Take one of the optional tours.
- Have a revitalizing spa at a five star hotel in Jaipur.
- Enjoy Golfing at the Rambagh Golf Club – a 18 hole, 6303 yard, Par 70 layout that is beautifully laid out & centrally located.
- Visit the City Palace – the former royal residence; and Jantar Mantar – a stone observatory.
Dinner and overnight stay on board the royal train.
Day 4 : Delhi – Disembark (Wednesday)
Enjoy your breakfast on board and bid farewell to Maharajas’ Express as you reach Safdarjung Railway Station in New Delhi.